Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Top 5 Most Overrated Movies of All Time - Number 3


Number 3:

Snatch (2000)

Directed by:  Guy Ritchie

Starring: Brad Pitt, Benicio Del Toro, Dennis Farina, Jason Statham

Oscars: (none)

Why this made the list:  I really am not sure what my generation’s fascination with this movie is.  For the longest time I had only seen bits and pieces of it and wasn’t really in love with it but I thought maybe it all had to be taken in context.  I was not right.  This is a case where a movie appears on this list and I actually DON’T like it.  I this movie was too in love with itself, overly contrived, and just didn’t really make much sense.  I followed the movie and the plot wasn’t too confusing, but why certain things were happening and, to be honest, why this movie was made just doesn’t make sense to me.

The cast seems to be having fun, but it looks like just that, they are having fun.  I didn’t identify with anyone and I wasn’t having fun watching these others do whatever it is they feel like doing.  I have nothing left to say about this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment