Friday, July 16, 2010

To Queue or not to Queue - Brick


Brick - 2005

Editors Note:  Please not that although I am a user and supporter of Netflix I am not in any way employed by Netflix or contractually obligated in any way to endorse or advertise on behalf of Netflix.

With this series of posts I will be sharing movies that you can stream instantly through Netflix.  This much we all know, but I will try to focus on these two types of movies: movies that are more mainstream but probably don't get the credit or notoriety they deserve, and movies that aren't very mainstream and are somewhat unique that your average Netflix subscriber wouldn't come across.

The movie for this post belongs in the latter category.  The movie is Brick.  This is a movie that is very unique in that it brings the film noir style from the 1940's and 1950's and plops it right into the middle of a high school movie.  However, after an initial awkwardness it begins to work and take off.  Definitely something you don't see very often and won't very often (find my review here).  

I would say it's worth your time.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment